[News] Good Reviews of SystemRescueCd, Puppy Linux 4.00

Essential Linux Tool: SystemRescueCd

,----[ Quote ]
| SystemRescueCd 1.0.3 is an amazingly handy tool that's essential for system
| administrators and IT technicians. However, it's also very easy to use that I
| think even a regular Linux user can handle it. I'm so glad that I found
| SystemRescueCd because it has all the tools that I need to keep me from being
| paranoid of losing all of my essential files.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/06/essential-linux-tool-systemrescuecd.html

Puppy Linux 4.00 is barking up the right tree

,----[ Quote ]
| In summary, the new Puppy 4.00 release is the cat's meow. Puppy Linux 4.00 is
| fast, reliable (on my systems it ran for days with no issue), has good
| wireless support, new scanner tools that work well, all the necessary
| multimedia codecs, and has a minimalistic yet usable approach that allows
| older computers to be functional machines again. Puppy also excels as a
| rescue CD or OS. Puppy also has good documentation already built in for new
| users and has active online forums.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/137880

Recent:

The Power of SystemRescueCD 1.0.3 - A Must Have Utility Disc

,----[ Quote ]
| SystemRescueCD has been around for sometime and their latest version 1.0.3
| just came out today. I take a short look at it and briefly describe some of
| its advantages. Checkout the short flash video at the end of the article to
| see SystemRescueCD 1.0.3 in action.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=10448

How I Found Puppy

,----[ Quote ]
| I debated long and hard about adding anything to Puppy 4.00 as I believe it
| really is fine the way Barry created it, from an aesthetics view point. EZpup
| 4.00 was really just icing on the tasty cake. I can't thank Barry, the
| developers (especially MU, NathanF, rarsa and Pizzasgood in the early days
| and now Zigbert, Dougal, tronkel, tempestuous, and all the others I haven't
| mentioned) and the Puppy community (especially Lobster) for welcoming me to
| the kennels and supporting my efforts to give back a tiny portion of what I
| have received from this remarkable piece of software and the great people who
| support and use it.
`----

http://www.puppylinux.org/community/blogs/whodo/how-i-found-puppy

Lessons learned from Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| While wandering the Ubuntu site (www.ubuntu.com) to take a look at the new
| Hardy Heron / 8.04 LTS version, I went all philosophical and tried to think
| of any lessons that the Puppy Community could learn from that of Ubuntu. Now
| please note this is not a dig at the Puppy Community, we are one of the best
| out there, I'm just taking a step back and pondering to myself.
|
| So anyway here we go...
|
| There are of course already things key to the Ubuntu community that Puppy
| does well. Support in the forums is to a very high standard, as is the
| development of individual programs.
`----

http://www.puppylinux.org/community/blogs/lof/lessons-learned-ubuntu

Puppy Linux 4 gets new bite

,----[ Quote ]
| Its been been six months since Puppy Linux 3.01 was released and today Barry
| Kauler announced Puppy 4.00, aka Dingo. Clocking in at a minimal 87MB
| download, Puppy 4.00 is a lightweight desktop Linux alternative ideal for
| low-end machines, or for users who want a little less clutter and more speed
| from their desktop.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2398

Puppeee: Puppy for your Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| The Asus Eee PC ultraportable comes bundled with a version of Xandros as its
| operating system. If you would like to try a different Linux distro on your
| Eee, there are plenty of options to choose from, including eeeXubuntu,
| EeeDora, ZenEee,  EeePCLinuxOS, and Puppeee. The latter is based on Puppy
| Linux, a tiny Linux distribution that sports a few unique features that make
| it a perfect candidate for use on machines like the Eee PC.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/131070

Puppy Linux 4.0 on a Dell Inspiron 1150 Review

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.penguinway.net/?p=89