[News] GNU/Linux Gets Automated Chart Reader

X-Rite and Caldera Announce First Ever i1iO Automated Chart Reader for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| X-Rite, Incorporated (NASDAQ:XRIT), a global leader in color technology and
| Caldera, a French company specializing in color management, imaging and
| driving solutions for large format peripherals today announced the immediate
| availability of the first ever Linux version of the award-winning X-Rite i1iO
| Automated Chart Reader.

A lot of applications are being pored to GNU/Linux these days. They are
believed to be ignoring Vista, too.

Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

,----[ Quote ]
| Such appreciation for history is not likely to warm the cockles of
| Microsoft's heart, especially when Linux is getting lots of love from
| developers (13 percent writing apps for it this year and 15.5 percent in
| 2009).

Coders Tell Why They're Avoiding Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. undoubtedly wanted to avoid its current predicament. It has
| been publicly talking up features in Vista since 2003 -- half a decade.
| But such "overmarketing," as Krasowski calls it, can rebound. Experienced
| developers have become jaded towards the third-party apps Microsoft trots out
| as exemplars of Redmond's latest technology -- "demoware," he calls them --
| that sparkle with flashy animation and video.

Guess What? Fox News is Responsive to the Linux Community.

,----[ Quote ]
| Mr. Denis also stated that most of the Fox News developers use Ubuntu.

Study: ~50% of Norwegian Software Vendors Integrate FOSS Components

,----[ Quote ]
| ... based on an extensive screening of software companies, with more than 700
| Analysis shows that close to 50% of the software industry integrate OSS
| components into vertical solutions serving all major business sectors.
| In addition, more than 30% of the companies using OSS components have over
| 40% of their income from OSS related services or software.

Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

,----[ Quote ]
| As PC users clamor for Microsoft to continue to support Windows XP, company
| CEO Steve Ballmer called the Vista OS "a work in progress" at an annual
| Seattle event on Thursday.

Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]