[News] Web Developer Decides GNU/Linux is the Way

from Windows to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| But after the past couple of years as I got more into web development, I
| started to experience some pain as a WinXP user because it seems like most of
| the interesting web technologies are optimized for Linux or Mac users, and
| for Windows users there’s usually a short appendix in the doc that says “If
| you are unfortunate enough to use Windows, the following has been said to
| work…”
`----

http://billhiggins.us/weblog/2008/06/29/from-windows-to-ubuntu/

Recent:

Web developer practices open source but doesn't preach it

,----[ Quote ]
| Right from the beginning, the company deployed its development environment
| and Web servers on Linux, since Ingham's background was with that
| platform. "That was my first experience with Linux," St. Peter says. "I found
| that it is a very comfortable and safe environment to develop in."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/137519

Related:

Online music school saves cash with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Her experience has been so good, Hoefner recommends other Web developers take
| a hard look at Linux.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121369

Web designing with Ubuntu