[News] [Rival] New Microsoft Flaw; Networks Threatened by Viruses

Researchers Warn of IE6 Hole

,----[ Quote ]
| Security researchers are warning users about an unpatched cross-site
| scripting bug in Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) that could be used by hackers to
| capture keystrokes and steal other information.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,147705-pg,1/article.html

Do Smartphone Viruses Threaten Networks?

,----[ Quote ]
| All evidence points to the fact that smartphone viruses will be a threat to
| your network even though they aren't at this moment.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/147697/do_smartphone_viruses_threaten_networks.html

Recent:

McAfee: Trojan targets Windows Mobile

,----[ Quote ]
| McAfee has unearthed a Windows Mobile PocketPC Trojan that disables security,
| installs via a memory card, can’t be uninstalled and makes itself your home
| page.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=904

Related:

Cryptome: NSA has access to Windows Mobile smartphones

,----[ Quote ]
| First time in history Cryptome.org has released information about the
| characteristics of NSA’s network surveillance.
`----

http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1028

Windows Mobile flaws could crash phones

,----[ Quote ]
| A security firm has found a pair of security bugs in Microsoft's
| Windows Mobile which, if exploited, could crash phones and other
| devices running the software.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6155141.html

Trend Micro Finds More Windows Mobile Flaws

,----[ Quote ]
| Trend Micro has again discovered flaws related to Windows Mobile.
| Both of the newly found vulnerabilities are flaws in applications
| that ship by default with Microsoft?s mobile device OS.
`----

http://blog.trendmicro.com/trend-micro-finds-more-windows-mobile-flaws/

How to crash a Windows mobile using MMS

,----[ Quote ]
| Security researchers have released proof-of-concept code that exploits
| vulnerabilities in MMS implementations in mobile phones running
| mobile versions of Windows.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/02/windows_mms_vuln/

Microsoft doesn't deny Windows Mobile flaw

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has refused to deny that the most recent version of
| Windows Mobile leaves data poorly secured on handsets.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39284532,00.htm

Mobile Security, Virtualization on tap at MS Hacking Meet

,----[ Quote ]
| Plus, we've got a couple of talks on Windows Mobile and more about automated
| exploit creation-- this time using Metasploit."
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070922/tc_pcworld/137478

Airscanner Vulnerability Summary: Windows Mobile Security Software Fails the
Test

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5474.html