[News] More Examples of Migrations from Windows to Ubuntu GNU/Linux

I Did It - Ubuntu Linux on my Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, I am very happy with my new laptop PC,and hope to have many years
| of use out of it.
`----

http://browncoatcat.wordpress.com/2008/06/24/i-did-it-ubuntu-linux-on-my-laptop/

Ubuntu "Hardy Heron" -- Observations After Upgrading

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Linux provides the same functionality that Microsoft Windows XP and
| Microsoft Office provides (web surfing, email, word processing, spreadsheets,
| presentations, etc) on older hardware that would not support or would poorly
| support Windows XP or Microsoft Office (not to mention the resource hogs
| Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Office 2007).
|
| [...]
|
| My next two "Hardy Heron" installs will happen in the next few weeks --
| updating the sermon podcast digital recorder computer and a spare loaner
| Pentium III computer that we provide to congregation members or staff who
| need a computer for home use (this loaner computer is identical to my son's
| computer).
`----

http://liberalfaith.blogspot.com/2008/06/ubuntu-hardy-heron-observations-after.html

Yesterday:

Ubuntu MID Edition 8.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Two months after Ubuntu 8.04 LTS was released and almost one month after
| Ubuntu Netbook Remix was first showcased, Ubuntu MID Edition 8.04 has been
| released. This is the newest Canonical product in the Ubuntu family and is
| designed for Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs).
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_mid_804&num=1

Recent:

Spawn of Ubuntu