[News] [Rival] Windows 7apourware/ME3 Another Microsoft Disaster in the Making

Microsoft Promises Predictable Schedule for Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Has anyone forgotten how we arrived at the January 2007 release date for
| Vista to begin with? In early 2006, we were told that it would be out "by
| year's end." Then came the rumors that Microsoft might have to scale back the
| release to meet its deadline. Features were being dropped. After a long
| period of speculation, Microsoft admitted that it would be unable to ship
| even a less-ambitious product on schedule. Vista was pushed back to 2007, and
| some analysts wondered whether the software giant would even be able to
| salvage it by then.
|
| [...]
|
| In other words, don't expect any ambitious new features from the new Windows.
| Instead, expect more of the same.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/mcallister_on_software/147490/microsoft_promises_predictable_schedule_for_windows_7.html

Windows is doomed. It relies on legacy's life supply.

Recent:

Windows 7: R.I.P.

,----[ Quote ]
| Death throes. That’s how I’d describe the latest barrage of white papers from
| Microsoft. The company’s flagship, Windows Vista, is thrashing around in the
| shallows like a wounded animal, fighting in vain to escape the inevitable.
|
| [...]
|
| Now we learn that there’s no point in waiting for Windows 7 because,
| according to Microsoft, “it’ll be just like Vista.”
|
| Talk about eating your young! Microsoft is now publicly trashing their next
| version in order to salvage their current dud. Never mind that they’re
| killing the very positive mystique surrounding Windows 7. Company executives
| are hell bent on proving that the Vista “Refuseniks” were wrong, and they’re
| not above using force to achieve their goal.
|
| That’s right, hidden within their latest propaganda piece is the not so
| veiled threat that customers who bypass Vista risk widening the very
| compatibility chasm that dissuaded them in the first place. That’s because
| Microsoft has no intention of making it any easier for customers to upgrade
| to Windows 7 from XP than it is for them to upgrade from XP to Vista today.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisedesktop/archives/2008/06/windows_7_rip.html

CIOs Uncensored: For The Sake Of IT, Leave XP Alone

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/management/interviews/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208402425
http://tinyurl.com/57t2st