[News] OpenOffice.org Downloads Peaking, Another University Chooses ODF

Downloads on OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenOffice.org 2.4.1 is on the way and I believe it will break our
| previous download-numbers. Looking at Firefox and their version number 3, I
| hope we will also have a big success with our upcoming OpenOffice.org 3.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/one_click_download_on_openoffice

1.2 and up to 2 million downloads per week. Among Register readers, 20% already
use OpenOffice.org.

And now this:

http://www.universidad.edu.uy/prensa/index.php?action=fullnews&id=3375
http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=mozclient&num=50&u=http%3A//www.universidad.edu.uy/prensa/index.php%3Faction%3Dfullnews%26id%3D3375

The University will use open standards ODF and PDF to manage office documents

,----[ Quote ]
| The Central Board of Directors approved the document "Standards file format
| office" presented by the Commission Sector Development Computer recommends
| that the use of open standards ODF and PDF for the creation, storage and
| exchange of documents in the office and udelen in its relationship with the
| rest of society.

OpenOffice.org being distributed to Portuguese schools

,----[ Quote ]
| I was just made aware of this Portuguese blog entry. CDs including
| OpenOffice.org will be distributed to Portuguese schools again. Great news!
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/openoffice_org_being_distributed_to

French hospital migrates to OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| According to this French article, the French hospital of Thiers is migrating
| its 150 desktops to OpenOffice.org in order to spend money on training
| instead of licenses.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/french_hospital_migrates_to_openoffice

Huge Success for the ODF Community

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice.org, which is just one implementation of ODF, is currently being
| downloaded more than 1.2M times per week and being distributed by popular
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| hardware products like the Asus Eee PC. Government organizations around the
| world are adopting OpenOffice.org and/or ODF and have started to help each
| other with their adoption challenges. Thus, ODF has become a "market force"
| that can't be ignored anymore. Thus, again, congratulations and thank you to
| all the people who have contributed to the success of OpenOffice.org and ODF
| so far! Well done!
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/huge_success_for_the_odf

ISO process slammed