[News] Review of the Linux-based Eee PC 901

ASUS Eee PC 901 Linux Edition Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Our early tests suggest the 901 is far more capable in real-world usage:
| watching video, rendering webpages and multitasking with several simultaneous
| apps.  It took only 26 seconds from cold boot into the Linux OS.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/asus-eee-pc-901-linux-edition-review-2412220.php

Recent:

Splashtop Linux conquers Asus laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a small step for an operating system, perhaps, but it could be another
| giant leap for Linux. DeviceVM has announced that its Splashtop 'instant-on'
| Linux is to appear on Asus laptops from this summer.
|
| The news follows the DeviceVM's recent coup of persuading the influential
| Taiwanese PC company to embed Splashtop - which Asus calls 'Express Gate' -
| on all its motherboards, out of the blue putting a type of Linux in millions
| of mainstream computers for the first time.
`----

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=352498F7-17A4-0F78-31339E4889EF36A6

Asus to launch laptops with instant-on feature

,----[ Quote ]
| Five new laptop models from Asus will incorporate DeviceVM's Splashtop
| instant-on software, the computer maker said Thursday at the Computex show in
| Taipei, Taiwan.
`----

http://www.webware.com/8301-1_109-9954282-2.html

Feeling the heat at Microsoft