Re: [News] UKUUG Battles BSI Sellout; Israel Battles Hollywood Colonialism

> * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> The Land of the Free? What a joke.
>
> Well, the clamp-down meme seems to be pretty contagious in the U.K.,
> too, squire.

You mean the UK is still a country? I thought we'd given up our
sovereignty to the US in 2003 with the Extradition Act, which
essentially vetoes our own laws and makes all British citizens
subject to American law, without recourse:

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10008415o-2000331777b,00.htm

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 05:22:41 up 186 days,  1:58,  3 users,  load average: 0.12, 1.13, 0.97