Re: Cloud Computing Renders O/S Irrelevant, Old PCs Functional

On Jun 21, 2:15 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Harnessing the power of 'clouds'
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It is not unusual to find the computer you bought only a couple of years ago
> | cannot handle the very latest software,

It's not unusual if you use Windows.  Now you have to upgrade to
Vista, ie throw out all your old hardware and buy new stuff.  But I've
kept several old (ca 2000) computers running on Linux.  I have
upgraded the OS every few years on the old hardware.  It was necessary
to increase the ram, and I have installed some extra (now cheap) hard
drives.  And BTW I've never had Linux crash on me.

but there could be an answer to the