[News] Claim: Microsoft Faked Windows Running on GNU/Linux Turf

Did Microsoft Fake XP on XO Press Media?!

,----[ Quote ]
| If you look at the photo on James U's blog post, you can really tell the
| difference - his image has the XP screen looking way more natural. And if
| that were the only trespass, who really cares, eh? Everyone Photoshops.
`----

http://www.olpcnews.com/sales_talk/microsoft/microsoft_fake_press_media.html

Microsoft: wait for us! We're trying to catch up with Linux.

Starting out with the [Linux] Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently purchased an Eee PC 4G (the model with a 7" display and 4GB of
| memory) on the cheap. My intent was to look at it for a couple of reasons.
`----

http://pocketmojo.net/index.php/2008/06/22/title_11

Recent:

Meet Linpus Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Since Linpus already supports Mobile WiMax and Wi-Fi and works closely with
| hardware vendors, it shouldn’t take long for the next Moblin-enhanced Linpus
| Lite to appear on store shelves. In fact, since Linpus and Acer showed test
| versions of the new Linux running on Acer demo systems, it seems a safe bet
| that by the time you’re able to buy an Acer UMPC with Linux, it will be this
| version that will be running on it.
`----

http://practical-tech.com/operating-system/meet-linpus-linux/

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

SplashTop Linux On HP, Dell Notebooks?

,----[ Quote ]
| Days after we delivered that inaugural review, we found out DeviceVM was in
| talks with OEMs about shipping SplashTop on desktops and notebooks.
|
| [...]
|
| In addition to the instant-on Linux excitement this week for the HP Envy 133,
| Dell is apparently working on a similar Linux solution. Engadget has shared
| details surrounding the Dell E and E Slim.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=splashtop_voodoo&num=1

Acer bets big on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer has stated that it will be pushing Linux aggressively on its laptops and
| netbooks.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2218172/acer-pushes-linux-hard

Microsoft sees slide in profits