[News] [SOT] Big Media Made Redundant by Tens of Thousands of Free (CC) Albums?

10 000 albums on Jamendo!

,----[ Quote ]
| Jamendo, the free music community, has reached 10000 albums!
|
| The whole team would like to thank all those who chose Jamendo: artists,
| members and music lovers who have been making this site alive since the
| beginning, and of course all those who joined us along the way.
|
| 10 000 albums, that’s 10 000 reasons to pursue this adventure, in the name of
| what we all believe in: free music, thanks to Creative Commons licenses.
`----

http://blog.jamendo.com/2008/06/18/10-000-albums-on-jamendo/

This is beautiful. People express and show their creativity. They create art to
*gasp* share it with other people.

Recent:

Liverpool to host _Open Source City micro-festival

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source City tips its hat to Liverpool’s pioneering spirit by offering a
| programme of art, workshops, masterclasses, talks and concerts that shed
| light on the growing impact of Free/Libre Open Source Software on the
| creative practices of today, in particular in media art and music.
`----

http://www.folly.co.uk/node/1060/503

The Creative Commons CC0 project

,----[ Quote ]
| CC0[http://creativecommons.org/projects/cczero] is a Creative Commons
| project designed to promote and protect the public domain by 1) enabling
| authors to easily waive their copyrights in particular works and to
| communicate that waiver to others, and 2) providing a means by which
| any person can assert that there are no copyrights in a particular work,
| in a way that allows others to judge the reliability of that assertion.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/265351/

Creative Commons Artist Spotlight: Convey

,----[ Quote ]
| Every week, we will introduce our readers to emerging musical artists who
| choose to release their work under Creative Commons licenses.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/09/12/creative-commons-artist-spotlight-convey/

Fedora and Creative Commons Team Up To Deliver LiveContent Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat and Creative Commons have said that Fedora 7 will serve as the
| platform for Creative Commons LiveContent CD, an initiative to showcase free,
| open source software and dynamic, Creative Commons-licensed multimedia
| content.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/linux/11085/fedora-creative-commons-team-deliver-livecontent-distribution

[Creative Commons in Support of] GPLv3!

,----[ Quote ]
| Note that Creative Commons has always recommended the GPL and other
| free software licenses for software. We look forward to transitioning
| software we create to GPLv3.

Creative Commons Sponsored Software ccHost Release

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://newsvac.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=07/03/01/035244