Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Stacking the US OOXML TC (Yes, Again)

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> Conflict of interest
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| In the latest demonstration of how broken the process is the US V1
>| technical committee voted on Friday to recommend approval of OOXML in
>| a 17-4 vote, where Microsoft and no fewer than 11 of its business
>| partners voted in favor of the specification. Am I the only one to
>| see a major conflict of interest at play in this?

So if you took away the 11 business-partners and Microsoft - it would still
be a 5-4 vote in favour of OOXML

:o)

> http://lehors.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/conflict-of-interest/
>
> Microsoft did the same in Denmark, with business partners like
> Stocholm. He would try to deny this.

Dear Roy, again you seem to go after me personally. Could you please be
specific to what happened in Denmark? The last time I looked at the list of
participating organisations in the Danish mirror committee to JTC1/SC34,
there was a slight overweight of OOXML-opponents. Also - in Denmark the
committe does not vote on the subject - it does not even give a
recommendation to the Danish Nation Standards Body. We just deal with the
technicalities of the proposed standard (be that ODF or OOXML or PDF etc)
and make sure that the Danish interests are well taken care of.

--
Jesper Lund Stocholm
http://idippedut.dk