Re: [News] GNU/Linux in the Mainstream Media, in Print

> The tipping point is already well behind. From here onwards, Linux grows very
> fast (not just on desktops).

I won't prognosticate about how fast the growth will be, but I've no
doubt we passwd a tipping point a while ago.  Linux growth is now
self sustaining and unstoppable.  I've collected up some of the public
web stats going back two or three years and the trend is quite
clear.  It is also interesting that the 0.6 number thrown around
alot is the lowest current estimate I find.  Other stats sites show
it two or three times that.  For example, w3counter.com shows Linux
at better than 2%.  That is aggragated from more than 20 million
visits collected from more than 7700 different websites.

I've some fun growth/trend graphs I plan to generate and post when I
get a chance.

Later,

Thad
all the ingredients on the label.