Re: [News] New Eee PCs with Linux are Better-specced PCs Than Windows

"Moshe Goldfarb" <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:lolliav7sjor$.hsc4trwkfznd$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:22:33 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

9-inch EeePC named EeePC 900 and gets detailed specs

,----[ Quote ]
| The Windows XP equipped model will ship with an 8GB drive with the Linux
| models having either 12GB or 20GB capacities.
|
| It did not say why the Linux models were getting larger SSDs. According to | Laptop Mag, The display will be 8.9-inches and has a resolution of 1024 x
| 600, as previously reported.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2008/03/09/9-inch-eeepc-named-eeepc-900-and-gets-detailed-specs/

With Windows, you get less for more.

But yet people are asking all over the net how to dump Linux and install
Windows from these Eee things.

Why is that?

Answer: People just don't like Linux and would rather pay more for Windows or in the case of the poor *soles* stuck with the Linux versions they ask
how to dump Linux and replace it with Windows.

Websites are everywhere instructing people how to remove Linux and install
Windows on these beasts.

Why do you think that is Roy?

Some Microsoft conspiracy?

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

I'm disappointed how much of the discussion in this
newsgroup is like I'd hear on a childrens playground
full of 8-year-old boys.  Used to be, this newsgroup
was all discussion from knowledgeable people who did
not suffer fools.  I wonder where they are now?
They sure aren't here.

When I started up my Asus 4G / 701, I saw immediately
that the Asus people might have used a Linux, but that
they were clearly not of a Linux state of mind.  What
they did to their Linux and how they did that, showed
a very strange kind of thinking about the market, and
most prominently, that they aren't interested in any
"new" ideas.  Their Linux implementation was *deadly*,
in my view.  I thought, they wouldn't do this except
if some Wheel Suit in the company orders it.  But it's
likely that whoever he is, he isn't going away any
time soon, his Policy will remain, and the movement to
Windows is expectable.

Anyhow, I have my Real Linux Asus 4G, down there under
the cruft, oops, gooey, oops, User Friendly Windows
Simulation, and as I have time to clean it up, I think
I'm going to wind up with a really really nice machine
for work and travel.  It's too bad Asus is now
"improving" their machine, but I've got a good one
in hand that will probably outlast me.

Titeotwawki -- mha    [cola   2008 Mar 10]