[News] [Rival] Rumour Mill Debunked: Microsoft Is Not Buying Digg, Logitech

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Rumour Mill Debunked: Microsoft Is Not Buying Digg, Logitech
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:05:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Rumors and Speculation

,----[ Quote ]
| Normally our policy is to not comment about things like this, but this
| morning’s rumors about a bidding war involving Google and Microsoft have
| created such a stir we feel compelled to tell you all directly that they are
| completely inaccurate.
`----

http://blog.digg.com/?p=114

Logitech says any Microsoft bid "without sense"

,----[ Quote ]
| Shares in Swiss-based Logitech rose in January based on speculation Microsoft
| would launch a takeover bid. Analysts dismissed rumours of an $8 billion (4
| billion pound) takeover bid and Logitech board member Daniel Borel, the
| company's largest shareholder, said he had no reason to sell his stake.
`----

http://uk.reuters.com/article/technology-media-telco-SP/idUKL0932940620080309?rpc=401&;

People might be trying to just boost their stock using rumours.

Related:

Microsoft Might Buy Logitech [...NOT]

,----[ Quote ]
`----