Re: [News] GNU/Linux Has Spread Everywhere, But Very Quietly

Linonut wrote:
> * [H]omer peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> So how useful is a Windows Eee PC exactly, if it can't do anything
>> except "boot the OS, without running any applications" (as Dell
>> might say)? It seems rather irrational and spiteful to me.
>
> Aren't you the one who was quoting Cringely on how the Vole will lose
> money for years just to make sure you don't make any?

Well my question was a rhetorical one ... a challenge to the shills to
admit the truth, assuming they're capable of such a thing.

>> Then again, the Vole has /still/ not addressed the issue that these
>> XP-lite® users will essentially be left with a lemon, once XP is
>> officially retired this summer. Maybe they're hoping no one will
>> notice.
>>
>> I wonder what kind of person it takes to /buy/ a bloated; legacy;
>> proprietary operating system, to replace a free; efficient; modern
>> GNU/Linux distribution (that is fundamentally Free too), when that
>> replacement OS can't actually do anything once installed, other
>> than crash and become infected by viruses ... stupid; bigoted or
>> both?
>
> Scared consumers, for the most part.  They know only "Microsoft".

Ah ... bigoted by brainwashing due to gullibility, then. IOW "both".

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 13:11:49 up 80 days, 10:47,  5 users,  load average: 4.61, 4.41, 4.51