Re: Here's how to become part of the Vista 'junk' PC lawsuit

____/ RonB on Saturday 08 March 2008 06:57 : \____

> "In the words of the law firm, "the class action lawsuit alleges that
> Microsoft violated consumer protection and other laws by marketing PCs
> as 'Windows Vista Capable' (supposedly upgradable to Vista when it later
> launched) despite the fact that consumers could upgrade only to 'Vista Home
> Basic' --- a stripped-down operating system lacking the functionality and
> features that Microsoft advertised as 'Vista' and which has been described
> as "'the most pointless edition of Windows that Microsoft has ever
> released.'"
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3cjhaq
>
> Microsoft caught with their pants down
>
> "Board member and former Microsoft president/chief operating officer Jon
> Shirley also emailed about Vista misery: "I upgraded one of the two
> machines I use a lot to Vista. The most persistent and so far hardest to
> fix issues are both MSN products, Portfolio in MSN Money and Music
> (downloads I had bought in the past)." He went on to add " ... there are no
> drivers yet for my Epson printer (top of the line and in production today
> but no driver yet), Epson scanner (older but also top of the line and they
> say they do not do a driver for) and a Nikon film scanner that will get a
> driver one day ... I cannot understand with a product this long in creation
> why there is such a shortage of drivers."
>
> http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/JC08Dj03.html
>
> If people are going to be allowed to get in on a lawsuit against M$ because
> Vista is a pile of crap, Ballmar might want to save the money he was
> planning to use to buy Google. He's going to need it.

Suppose many millions could have fallen for this scam. That might cost
Microsoft $billions, just like those massive XBox360 failures.

XBox360 lost about $6 billion so far, IIRC.

Microsoft has little left if the bank if half-cash for Yahoo ($41 billion)
means taking a loan of about $20 billion.

It's not looking good, not looking good.

This time around, Microsoft may learn that doing crime with Intel does not pay
off.

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq