[News] [Rival] Wal-Mart Comes Out Swinging at Windows Vista 'Home' 'Basic'

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Wal-Mart Comes Out Swinging at Windows Vista 'Home' 'Basic'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 04:13:30 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Wal-Mart: Microsoft should kill Vista Home Basic

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/wal_mart_microsoft_should_kill_vista_home_basic

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

| Lenovo.

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579

DSG continues retailer woes

,----[ Quote ]
| DSG, the company formerly known as Dixons, became the latest British retailer
| to report a drop in profits for the summer months today. But it wasn’t all
| down to the rotten weather – this time it was also Microsoft’s fault.
`----

http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/newsalerts/article/748756/dsg-continues-retailer-woes/

Dell casts doubts on Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell today revealed that it will restore the option to use Windows XP on
| some of its home systems, marking a potentially damaging blow to
| Microsoft's hopes for the newer Windows Vista.
|
| [...]
|
| While a popular request through the company's IdeaStorm website, the
| choice was substantially outnumbered by requests for pre-installed
| Linux, US-based technical support, and other features -- pointing to a
| larger general demand for the change. The turnaround may be a reflection of
| an overall backlash against Vista, observed IDC analyst Richard Shim.
`----

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/04/19/dell.casts.doubts.on.vista/

Interesting comment from CompUSA

,----[ Quote ]
| Every single one of them he said was returned from consumers... and that they
| (CompUSA) couldn't ship them back. As he heard, Microsoft wasn't giving
| credit back for unsold or returned copies... and didn't want the returned
| figures made public... He wouldn't say that every single one of them
| exchanged for a copy of Xp, he didn't know if that was true. So, I asked how
| many boxes did they have. Same glare, followed with a "You do not want to
| know" type statement.
`----

http://zerias.blogspot.com/2007/12/interesting-comment-from-compusa.html

Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/08/08/no.vista.on.olympic.pcs/