Re: de Icaza defines open development ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Friday 07 March 2008 15:35 : \____

> "What open allows is someone in Mexico can meet up with someone in
> Boston and, by sharing a common interest, say, hey, we can build this
> thing together," de Icaza said.
>
> "Novell's Miguel de Icaza .. said Novell gets access to the regression
> test suite and codecs from Microsoft as well as to technical people
> inside Microsoft"
>
> 'De Icaza also stressed obstacles of a pure open-source business
> model'
>
> '"What you need to do is have a mixed strategy," and use open source
> as a tool,"'

Microsoft used de Icaza as a tool. It needed "a mixed strategy".

> http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/03/06/ms-open_1.html

He will hopefully persuade Novell to respond and become a hero, not stay a
total zero (Novell, that is, not Miguel).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
Swap:  1510068k total,   603200k used,   906868k free,    46860k cached