Re: Gartner recommends Microsoft ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Friday 07 March 2008 16:09 : \____

> 'In its report .. the firm cites the attractiveness of Microsoft's
> integrated Office suite, its PerformancePoint Server released last
> year, and SQL Server to businesses standardized on Microsoft
> platforms'
>
> "The bundling and pricing of its BI products makes [Microsoft] an
> economically attractive offering that will be considered by many
> organizations,"
>
> 'the analysts wrote, adding that Microsoft's large development
> community will further the platform'
>
> 'They also wrote that customers cite Microsoft for having the'
>
> "best BI software quality of all the megavendors, with over half of
> them reporting no problems with the software,"
>
> 'and attribute this quality, in part, to much of its technology having
> been internally developed rather than acquired'
>
> "Gartner defines BI platforms as those that enable users to build
> applications that help organizations learn and understand their
> business"
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206104502
>
> This is nothing more that corporate sponcered marketing BS. There is
> no magic sauce software that will  'help organizations understand
> their business'. Only you know about your business, certainly not a
> vender of inferior software and some paid media whores in Gartner.
>
> My unbiased advice is to get rid of your hugely expensive
> PerformancePointdotWhatever and give everyone Blackberry type devices.
> Like, a company discovered that production actually went up when thay
> banned PowerPoint .. :)
>
> --
>
> I wonder how much Steve Jobs didn't pay Gartner in order to stop them
> trashing the iPhone .. :)

Gartner *IS* Microsoft, just like IDC. Funded by Gates, paid by business from
Microsoft Corp. IDC slammed the iPhone as well. The Microsoft shills just take
turns. Revolting.

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
 17:00:11 up 43 days,  2:54,  3 users,  load average: 4.53, 2.45, 2.09