Re: HELP! I'm getting spammed and DDOS attacked from 84.18.207.65

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Thursday 06 March 2008 22:54 : \____

> Tony Drudge wrote:
>

>> "Tony Drudge" <tonydrudge@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Luckily my firewall is blocking the attacks from 84.18.207.65 but is
>>> there anything else that I can do?
>>>
>>> tia,
>>> - Tony D.
>>

>> Thanks.... and now it stopped. I guess they've moved on to their next
>> target.
>>
>> I bet they detected my "Windows firewall" and ran for the hills.<g>
>
> Actually, if they had noticed, they would have stopped out of pity

Guys, please don't feed the trolls with sarcasm. To just clarify what's going
on here, Microsoft or its partners/shills/Munchkins/fans/whatever are now
trying to harass Web hosts in order to gag me. Previously they harrassed
everyone at the University, issued personal confrontational threats, attacked
my sites, spread slanderous messages on the Web, tried to get people to sue
me, attacked my messages in various sites along with personal attacks and so
forth, mass buring of submissions, gaming of rating systems (e.g. in Google
Groups). They still do that, too.

It's classic bullying culture. What for? For posting on-topic material to a
Linux forum.

This type of gagging routine was used against Groklaw as well. Paul McDougal
(InfoWeek), for example, put a placement about IBM/PJ and SCO used that
placement as 'evidence' for a subpoena. McDougal is kind of close to McBride.

That's just how Microsoft Works [sic].

___
Life Is Complicated

,----[ Quote ]
| Those with long memories might suggest a parallel between Rick’s position and
| mine when in 1997, I was sitting on the XML Working Group and co-editing the
| spec, on a pro bono basis as an indie consultant. Netscape hired me to
| represent their interests, and when I announced this, controversy ensued.
| Which is a nice way of saying that Microsoft went berserk; tried
| unsuccessfully to get me fired as co-editor, and then launched a vicious,
| deeply personal extended attack in which they tried to destroy my career and
| took lethal action against a small struggling company because my wife worked
| there. It was a sideshow of a sideshow of the great campaign to bury Netscape
| and I’m sure the executives have forgotten; but I haven’t.
`----

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2007/01/24/Mixup

Q&A: Former Mass. CIO feels 'bittersweet pride' after battles with Microsoft,
legislature

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012760&source=rss_news50

,----[ Quote ]
|    Quinn:  Almost to a person, to anybody involved or who knows about
|    the ODF issue, they attributed the story to Microsoft, right, wrong
|    or otherwise. Senator Pacheco may be a bully but I do not believe he
|    is disingenious and would stoop to such a tactic. Senator Pacheco and
|    Secretary Galvin's office remain very heavily influenced by the
|    Microsoft money and its lobbyist machine, as witnessed by their
|    playbook and words, in my opinion.
|
|    Quinn:  I believe that the ODF decision will stand. I believe MS
|    will continue to do anything and everything it can to stop it. And I
|    know my seat wasn't even empty and they (MS) took another shot at
|    the title, to no avail. This horse is out of the barn and I see no
|    way for it to go back in. Remember, all we are asking for was and is
|    for Microsoft to commit to open and the standards process; so
|    everyone looks really bad if the plug gets pulled at this juncture.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
Swap:  1510068k total,   579944k used,   930124k free,    59332k cached