[News] More GNOME-Mozilla Partnerships Seen, GNOME Customisation Make It "Sexylicious"

  • Subject: [News] More GNOME-Mozilla Partnerships Seen, GNOME Customisation Make It "Sexylicious"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:13:47 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GNOME Foundation and Mozilla Foundation join forces

,----[ Quote ]
| The GNOME Foundation and the Mozilla Foundation announced today that they
| will increase their collaboration to improve developer support and user
| experience of desktop applications on GNU/Linux and other free software
| systems.
|
| The partnership has three aspects:
|
|     * The Mozilla Foundation will join the GNOME Foundation advisory board,
|       helping set the long-term direction of the project.
|     * Mozilla reaffirms its commitment to integrating with the GNOME platform
|       for the XUL development platform, and for Mozilla Firefox.
|     * The Mozilla Foundation announces a grant of $10,000 to the GNOME
|       Foundation, to be spent on the improvement of the accessibility of the
|       GNOME desktop environment via the "GNOME Outreach Program:
|       Accessibility" program.
`----

http://www.gnome.org/press/releases/2008-03-mofojoins.html

Create Your Own Sexylicious Ubuntu Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Many people asked about that very nice Ubuntu theme, which is actually a
| mockup, and they wanted to have such a beauty on their desktops. Therefore,
| this guide will teach you how to create your own "sexylicious" Ubuntu
| desktop! In other words, we will pimp your desktop and change its looks...
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Create-Your-Own-Sexylicious-Ubuntu-Desktop-80189.shtml

Recent:

GNOME focuses on accessibility -- with a little help from Mozilla and others

,----[ Quote ]
| The GNOME Foundation has turned its attention to accessibility for people
| with disabilities. To help improve both Web accessibility within GNOME and
| the project's long-term direction, the Mozilla Foundation is joining the
| GNOME advisory board, and plans to help improve integration of the XUL
| development platform with GNOME. Even more significantly, the GNOME
| Foundation, the Mozilla Foundation, Novell, Google, and Canonical are jointly
| sponsoring a $50,000 outreach program to help improve accessibility in GNOME.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/127801

Related:

With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A

,----[ Quote ]
| On the first of this month, after reading about the original dispute between
| ODF advocates and representatives from the GNOME community,
`----

http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/

Gnome foundation in kahoots?

,----[ Quote ]
| summary:
|
| Having a delegate in the ECMA T45 Committee the Gnome foundation clarified
| its involvement in a superb standard development and bashes the vendor.
|
| [...]
|
| The Gnome foundation actively participated in the ECMA fast-tracking of Open
| XML as a sock puppet for Novell. Now the Foundation clarified its position
| that came under recent criticism.
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-28290/gnome-foundation-in-kahoots

GNOME Foundation defends OOXML involvement

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121930