[News] Linux the O/S of Choice for Forensics Equipment

Linux speeds up computer forensics for cops

,----[ Quote ]
| Australian university students have developed a Linux-based data forensics
| tool to help police churn through a growing backlog of computer-related
| criminal investigations.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Linux-speeds-up-computer-forensics-for-cops/0,130061733,339286557,00.htm?feed=rss

Related:

FBI requests spawn network forensics startup

,----[ Quote ]
| Net/FSE, which stands for Network Forensic Search Engine, is Linux-based
| server software that provides a Web interface for network managers to easily
| see an analytical profile of host-to-host activity based on NetFlow router
| data as well as log information related to the organization's firewall,
| intrusion-detection systems and security-information management.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=2113131704&rid=-50

Notes on Vista forensics

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/16/vista_forensics_2/page3.html

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista—Microsoft’s latest operating system—may prove to be most
| appropriately named, especially for those seeking evidence of how a
| computer was used.
`----

http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/jy13tkjasn.html

How to break forensics software