[News] Improved Nero Comes to Linux, Parallels Supports 64-bit Linux

  • Subject: [News] Improved Nero Comes to Linux, Parallels Supports 64-bit Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 04:17:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Nero Linux 3.5 Allows Digital Media Content to Run Across Leading Platforms

,----[ Quote ]
| Nero Linux 3.5, available in mid-March, now also includes support and screen
| resolution enhancement for popular subnotebooks that are pre-loaded with the
| Linux operating system and have a very small screen resolution of 800 x 480
| pixels.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080305005135&newsLang=en

Parallels opens up Server Beta program

,----[ Quote ]
| The virtualization product supports 32- and 64-bit Linux, Mac OS X and
| Windows platforms, the company said.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=1380

"We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage Windows
technically more."

                                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft fiend

Related:

Parallels Virtuozzo Containers Offers 350 Templates

,----[ Quote ]
| The Templates Catalog includes a number of Linux distributions, such as
| CentOS, Debian, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and
| Ubuntu, as well as applications like MySQL, Spam Assassin, Wordpress and
| more.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/virtualization/archives/2008/02/parallels_virtu.html

Ubuntu users get easy access to Windows apps

,----[ Quote ]
| The company is making Parallels Workstation for Linux available to users via
| the operating system's built-in software update tool, using a feature called
| the Ubuntu Partner Repository. Parallels Workstation allows users to run
| Windows and Linux simultaneously on a single system.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62037500,00.htm

Parallels makes nice with Red Flag and Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Flag and Parallels will offer a bundle tying Virtuozzo Containers 4.0
| together with Red Flag Linux Server Version 5.0. This gives Red Flag's
| customers a direct path to the container style of server virtualization,
| which centers on slicing a single copy of an operating system into multiple
| parts. Parallels released Version 4.0 of its flagship server software last
| month.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/06/redflag_ubuntu_parallels/

Ubuntu makes it easy for parallel virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu, will announce on Feb. 6 that it's
| making Parallels Workstation for Linux available to users through the Ubuntu
| Partner Repository.

Nero Linux 3.1.1.0 has been released today

,----[ Quote ]
| For all of you Linux lovers, the new update of Nero Linux 3 is available
| here, one day before Valentine's day . We fixed lots (really lots) of
| problems/bugs/misbehaviour for this release, so this is also an explanation
| why you have had to wait so long for the next demo version.
`----

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/Nero-Linux-3_1_1_0-has-been-released-today.html

A new, improved Nero Linux 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Compared with K3b and GnomeBaker, Nero Linux 3 has it all, from creating data
| and music CD and DVDs to burning ISO images to writing on Blue-Ray and HD
| DVD -- and Nero can run on 64-bit machines. Its price is reasonable if you
| need to burn Blue-Ray and HD DVD disks and you don't wish to wait for K3b or
| GnomeBaker to implement support for those formats.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/115215

NeroLinux 3 [Review]

,----[ Quote ]
| I find NeroLinux 3.0 a vast improvement over 2.0, but Nero will
| find themselves having the need to add more features in order to
| grab a great deal of the Linux market-share. I've mentioned k3b
| many times, which is because it's a very complete solution that
| happens to be completely free.
`----

http://techgage.com/article/nerolinux_3

NeroLinux Review