Re: [News] Darl McBride Almost Officially Sacked, Kicked out of Company

> SCO CEO likely will be forced out of job
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Darl McBride said Monday he regrets that he is being pushed out as CEO of The
>| SCO Group software company but not his decision to sue IBM and Novell,
>| lawsuits that led to the company's bankruptcy and ultimately his departure.
> `----
>
> http://www.sltrib.com/technology/ci_8444392
>
> Back to the ranch.

   McBride said he could have fought to keep his position but would
   have risked killing the deal that brings in Stephen Norris Capital
   Partners as the new majority owners of the company.

   "I realized that by my winning the fight of staying engaged at
   SCO, it may be to the huge detriment of shareholders, customers
   and employees," he said, ...

Translation:

   "My golden parachute has now been fully packed."

--
I believe OS/2 is destined to be the most important operating system, and
possibly program, of all time.