[News] The Cost of Patent Abuse is Soaring, Microsoft Suffers Also

  • Subject: [News] The Cost of Patent Abuse is Soaring, Microsoft Suffers Also
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 08:36:32 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
$30.4 billion, not $11.4 billion, in software patent damage to the economy

,----[ Quote ]
| No matter how the number is calculated, the results are the same: needless,
| wasteful patent litigation that helps no one except attorneys.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9884399-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Microsoft, Visto settle patent dispute; no terms disclosed

,----[ Quote ]
| Both companies will dismiss all legal claims, Visto said. The case revolved
| around the alleged infringement by Microsoft on three of Visto's mobile
| e-mail patents.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/AFX-0013-23481215.htm

"If it [the timing of the donation] had anything to do with the antitrust case,
we would have told someone."

                        --Ms. Stonifer, director William H. Gates Foundation

Related:

My Dumb Software Patents

,----[ Quote ]
`----