Re: Cross-platform gets redefined ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Monday 03 March 2008 15:38 : \____

> On 26 Feb, 16:05, Erik Funkenbusch <e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Microsoft itself makes Silverlight available on both the PC and Mac.  That
>> makes it cross platform ..
>
> It's 'cross platform' except on Linux .. :)

Well, duh. Why would Microsoft want to assist its own bankruptcy by having
its 'standard' support its worst of nightmares...?

Just the other day:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that....
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Replace the standard (XHTML/Flash/Ajax), extend and extinguish. Novell will
then be thrown out of the limo crying. No sugar for the exploited 'partner'.

To Microsoft, Novell is a "one-night stand", a pawn.

http://www.iowaconsumercase.com/VolumeXXV-January52007
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9007527

January 08, 2007  (Computerworld) -- A Microsoft Corp. technical evangelist
referred to independent software developers writing for Windows and the
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^--------- hey, Miguel, ya' readin' this?

company's other software platforms as "pawns" and compared wooing them to
convincing someone to have a one-night stand, according to testimony
presented Friday against Microsoft in an ongoing antitrust case in Iowa.

"If you've ever tried to play chess with only the pieces in the back row,
you've experienced losing, OK, because you've got to have those pawns,"
James Plamondon said in a Jan. 16, 1996, speech to members of Microsoft's
developer relations group. His comments were part of a transcript presented
as evidence in the Comes vs. Microsoft Inc. class-action lawsuit in Iowa.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
         run-level 2  2008-01-24 14:06                   last=