[News] Acer Offers More GNU/Linux Laptops, Price Lower Than with Windows

  • Subject: [News] Acer Offers More GNU/Linux Laptops, Price Lower Than with Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 17:59:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Acer launches latest notebook “Aspire 2920” for Rs 37,115

,----[ Quote ]
| The notebook is available in major cities across the country with the Linux
| model priced at Rs 37,115 and the Vista Home Premium model available for Rs
| 40,615.
`----

http://www.topnews.in/acer-launches-latest-notebook-aspire-2920-rs-37-115-223651

Low-cost PCs from Acer (similar to Eee) are coming from Acer. The same with
H-P... how quickly times change!

Recent:

Acer plans new, low-cost laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| Everex’s CloudBook goes on sale at Wal-Mart starting this Friday (2/15/08),
| according to the company. It will cost the same as the Eee PC 4G, but it uses
| a standard 30GB disk drive in place of the smaller SSD. It runs the gOS
| operating system, which is based on the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution,
| and includes the usual open-source suspects (Mozilla Firefox, OpenOffice 2.3
| and GIMP, an image editing program).
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/computers/?p=116

Acer laptops with Ubuntu Linux available now

,----[ Quote ]
| I think this is a temporary offer only, and I don't have many more details
| than what is in the product page, but it looks like Acer is making a limited
| laptop series available now with Ubuntu Linux pre-loaded.
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm/4387

HP's Linux sub-notebook spied on web

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/02/19/hp_compaq_2133_spied/