Re: [News] Another Mass Migration of 2,000 Desktops to GNU/Linux

____/ Matt on Saturday 01 March 2008 13:13 : \____

> Mark Kent wrote:
>> Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Migration
>>> (James Taylor)
>>>
>>> Distant hands in foreign lands
>>> Are turning hidden wheels
>>> Causing things to come about
>>> Which no one seems to feel
>>> All invisible from where we stand
>>> The connections come to pass
>>> And though too strange to comprehend
>>> They affect us nonetheless, yes
>>> See the pieces of the picture rearrange themselves
>>> It feels just like a symphony to me,
>>> With nothing left to chance
>>> The rhythm remains unbroken
>>> Unspoken but loud and clear
>>> It's a slow vibration. Migration
>>
>> I was something of a James Taylor fan in my youth...
>
> The song fits because of the way this migration came out of nowhere: I
> didn't find any mention of it being planned.  Suddenly we hear about it
> when it's almost done.  That's a good sign.

Yes, these tend to be quiet, especially when Debian (i.e. no company) is
involved, so there's no-one to rave about it.

Debian is replacing Windows is many other places including Kerala and Munich.
Just because some flamboyant company like Novell (or Microsoft) makes no noise
about it does mean that they do not gradually exit from windows.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
 18:00:01 up 37 days,  3:54,  3 users,  load average: 1.18, 1.08, 1.24