[News] Key Releases: New Kiwi Linux, New Nexuiz and New GIMP

  • Subject: [News] Key Releases: New Kiwi Linux, New Nexuiz and New GIMP
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 17:42:00 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Version 8.02 of Kiwi Linux is Now Out @ http://kiwilinux.org/

Nexuiz 2.4 has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| Lee Vermeulen's brainchild Nexuiz is a fast-paced first-person shooter,
| better comparable to Unreal Tournament than to Quake, though based on
| latter's engine. Release 2.4 has been available for some hours now.
`----

http://www.freegamer.blogspot.com/2008/02/nexuiz-24-has-been-released.html

GIMP 2.4.5 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 2.4.5 of GIMP has been released. This is a bugfix only release.
| Recommended update for all users.
`----

http://phorolinux.com/gimp-245-released.html

Related:

Introducing my Vietnamese Students to Gimp

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, six days away from Tet, the Vietnamese New Year. This is the last week
| of class at the American International School, where I teach computer
| science, before the week and a half long holiday (well for me at least). The
| 3rd Quarter also started this week so I decided, as part of my web
| development curriculum, to introduce my students to the Gimp. The class went
| very well.
`----

http://www.saigonnezumi.com/?p=546

Escaping the Photoshop trap

,----[ Quote ]
| FOR the longest time, Adobe Photoshop was the biggest deal breaker for many
| people who considered moving from Windows to Linux. The most popular
| commercial image editing program was simply unavailable on Linux, and the
| free and open source Gimp—short for GNU Image Manipulation Program—was often
| regarded as a poor man’s substitute.
|
| [...]
|
| But the significant improvements in the latest version make Gimp an excellent
| tool for most home users, digital photographers and Web designers, many of
| whom will be able to break free of the Photoshop trap.
`----

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=business6_jan22_2008

Web designing with Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]