Re: Even top officials struggled to make vista work!!!

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 01 March 2008 05:56 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> "For example, one February 2007 exchange (PDF, 17 pages) started with an
> e-mail to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer from board member Jon Shirley, who
> explained that he upgraded one of his computers to Windows Vista only to
> find it was experiencing compatibility problems with two of Microsoft's
> own MSN applications."
>
> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/132891.asp
>
> Well there you have it folks, straight from the horses mouth. Like I
> said before, Microsoft can't even get their /own/ software working
> with Vista.
>
>> That must be why they leave the company.
>
> They need to earn a living, and Microsoft's future looks bleak.

They never could (even Zune 1 and Zune 2 failed... even about 9 months after
Vista's RTM phase). However, what's most concerning is that Microsoft has
priorities, so it fixes 'incompatibility with self' first. See recent
articles, such as this:

Cheers and Jeers: Vista SP1 Compatibility

,----[ Quote ]
| I notice that Windows Live OneCare isn't on the list of incompaible software.
| SP1 blocks the aforementioned programs from working after installation. Yes,
| it's all in the spirit of fair of competition.
|
| Some other products lose a little oomph, after SP1 installation. My favorite:
| New York Times Reader. This is the software that Microsoft has touted, like
| forever, as the showcase native Windows Presentation Foundation application.
| No longer—or at least not for awhile.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/cheers_and_jeers_vista_sp1_compatibility.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/35qd9f

Steve Ballmer is even monkier than his moniker suggests
 10:20:01 up 36 days, 20:14,  3 users,  load average: 1.47, 0.65, 0.85