[News] MySQL and Open Source: The Power of Customisability

  • Subject: [News] MySQL and Open Source: The Power of Customisability
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 05:08:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sun does Google's dirty work on MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Microsystems will fine tune MySQL for some big-name customers unwilling
| to get their hands dirty supporting the open source database themselves.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/02/29/mysql_sun_google/

Related:

Customized spins of Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| When Fedora 7 was released, one of the big features that we talked about was
| the idea of customized spins of the distribution.
|
| Now that Fedora 8 is on the way, it’s useful to look and see how we have
| done, and what sort of custom spins have been created.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/09/28/customized-spins-of-fedora/

The Business Case for Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Sure, the cost savings of OSS is a great benefit and a strong
| reason to choose OSS over proprietary software. However, you
| now have a few more points to consider as you mull over your
| software decisions. I hope that I have convinced you that the
| "freedom" benefits of Open Source Software are just as important
| as the cost savings, if not more so.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/geeks/archives/2007/03/the_business_ca.html

Indian schools to use homebrew Debian distro

,----[ Quote ]