Re: Linux People: Please Don't Attack MS-Windows Users!

Mark S Bilk <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Mar 20, 1:36 am, a Linux advocate wrote:
>> ... It is disgusting that people feel the need to start a smear
>> campaign like this.  Naturally this is done by windows lovers.
>> Nobody else is so low on the evolution ladder.
>
> Most people who use MS-Windows are as evolved as anyone else
> (although usually not well informed on computer matters).  They are
> in fact our prospective (non-paying) _customers_, i.e., Linux users
> to be.  So please don't insult them.  Remember -- they visit this
> newsgroup to learn about Linux and open-source software, and
> to get started they need the help of people already using it.
> That's us!
>
> On the other hand, the robotically programmed non-people who are
> doing the smear campaigns, personal attacks, and floods of lies
> against GNU/Linux on behalf of Microsoft are _not_ typical Windows
> users.  They are sociopaths -- people who harm others for sadism
> or monetary rewards.  They have no conscience, no morality,
> no concern for the wellbeing of anyone but themselves.  They want
> us to attack normal Windows users, as that will put off those users
> from trying Linux.  Don't do what the sociopaths want you to do.

Quite right.  Nobody could possibly have kept up the pro-Microsoft
campaign in an inappropriate newsgroup for so long without being a
sociopath to some degree.

The view of most real free software advocates is that ordinary people
care little about Windows, Mac, Linux or anything else, however, they do
care very much about being locked-into technologies, locked out of their
data, having to spend huge sums of  money on anti-virus and firewalls
and so on, being unable to even surf websites safely.

Linux on open platforms frees these people from being locked into a
particular vendor, provides them a route to having unfettered access to
their own data.  They Own their Own Data, when they use linux on open
platforms.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |