[News] New Debian Installer Beta, Mandriva 2008 Spring @ RC2

  • Subject: [News] New Debian Installer Beta, Mandriva 2008 Spring @ RC2
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 08:14:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Debian Installer Lenny Beta 1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian Installer team is proud to announce the first beta of Debian
| Lenny's Installer.
|
| This is the first release since Etch and the whole team has been hard at work
| during the past 11 months to make this release full of new features and
| bugfixes.
`----

http://times.debian.net/1227-Debian-Installer-Lenny-Beta-1-released

Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring RC 2

,----[ Quote ]
| The second release candidate, codenamed Aceras, for Mandriva Linux 2008
| Spring (2008.1) is now available. There is information about the new release
| in various places:
|
|     * Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring release notes: these will be updated to
|     reflect the status of the current pre-release.
|     * Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring Errata: these will be updated to reflect the
|     status of the current pre-release.

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2008.1_RC_2

Related:

Mandriva 2008.1 looks pretty good

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, 2008.1 works completely out-of-the-box. X resolution is properly set,
| madwifi is properly setup, the SD card reader works.. everything just works.
`----

http://linsec.ca/blog/2008/03/03/mandriva-20081-looks-pretty-good/

Mandriva relaunches its OS Refugees operation targetting linked sales

,----[ Quote ]
| Following the success of previous years, Mandriva, Europe's leading editor of
| Linux, has relaunched its programme fighting linked sales: OS Refugees.
|
| The recent European anti-trust ruling confirming the European Commission's
| condemnation of Microsoft for abusing its position has been strengthened by
| the European free market think-tank Globalisation Institute's
| report "Unbundling Microsoft Windows".
`----

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/mandriva-relaunches-its-os-refugees-operation-targetting-linked-sales

[Mandriva CEO:] An open letter to Steve Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow! I’m impressed, Steve! What have you done for these guys to change their
| mind like this? It’s pretty clear to me, and it will be clear to everyone.
| How do you call what you just did Steve, in the place where you live? In my
| place, they give it various names, I’m sure you know them.
|
| Hey Steve, how do you feel looking at yourself in the mirror in the morning?
|
| Of course, I will keep fighting this one and the next one, and the next one.
| You have the money, the power, and maybe we have a different sense of ethics
| you and I, but I believe that hard work, good technology and ethics can win
| too.
`----

http://blog.mandriva.com/2007/10/31/an-open-letter-to-steve-ballmer/

Lessons from Africa: How to Kill Your Own FUD

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-11-09-030-26-OP-MD-MS