[News] Groklaw and Welte Receive FSF Award

Harald Welte and Groklaw announced as winners of the FSF's annual free software
awards

,----[ Quote ]
| Groklaw's founder and editor Pamela Jones could not make it to the ceremony
| in person, but Groklaw contributor Dan Bricklin was present to accept on her
| behalf. In a prerecorded audio message, Jones described Groklaw as "a place
| where lawyers and geeks could explain things to each other and work together,
| so they'd understand each other's work better". Jones also emphasized the
| importance of Groklaw's free software approach to its success, "[W]hen you
| have an idea you hope might work, and then to implement it, tweak it, and
| morph it, because other people show up and have ideas that are better than
| yours...and then have people you care about and admire tell you that what you
| are doing matters -- I can't think of a more satisfying feeling."
`----

http://www.fsf.org/news/2007_free_software_awards

Related:

gpl-violations.org project prevails in court case on GPL violation by D-Link

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gpl-violations.org/news/20060922-dlink-judgement_frankfurt.html