Re: [News] [Rival] ECMA's Head is With Microsoft's Lobbying Arm, CompTIA

> Former ECMA Sec. Gen challenges ISO/BRM critics to create a better process
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "If people say this whole ISO process is lousy, out of date and doesn't work
>| anymore or is broken, I challenge anybody to make a new worldwide process,"
>| van den Beld told PC World while in Australia working for the Computing
>| Technology Industry Association.
> `----
>
> http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;1518565063
>
> Ha! That explains it. CompTIA. The whole chain of moneyflow comes together.

My first suggestion is that ISO accept no further standards for
fast-track approval from ECMA - clearly they're willing to pass
documents which are not remotely ready for approval, even on a slow
track.

My second suggestion is that ISO draft guidelines regarding the voting
processes to be used by national bodies in developing the national
position.

My third suggestion is that we return to the pre-1980s position where
patents are *not allowed* in any international standards at all, ever.

| I killfile any post with my name in the subject line.                |