[News] Linux on Wall Street (2008)

Linux on Wall Street (2008)

,----[ Quote ]
| 2008 Linux/Open Source on Wall Street will focus on enterprise Linux and open
| source technologies, and their adoption in the datacenters of financial
| markets firms. Killer applications, including virtual appliances and
| virtualization, Linux-as-a-Service and realtime/low latency Linux will be
| explored, as will the practicalities of deploying open source stacks in
| business-critical, high availability scenarios.
`----

http://www.linuxonwallstreet.com/

Related:

Linux steps up to power NZ Stock Exchange

,----[ Quote ]
| The New Zealand Stock Exchange is moving to a Linux platform for its
| settlement and clearing system, replacing its existing HP NonStop platform
| and applications in order to reduce cost and increase flexibility.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/F586239BCCA7593FCC2573F00001488E

HP Linux servers bolster NYSE trading app

,----[ Quote ]
| "We favor Linux for what we do. We don't want to be beholden to any one
| [hardware or software] supplier, even if it is very good. We want the freedom
| to be vendor-independent, so Linux was a good choice," said Rubinow.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1285921,00.html

SEC goes after stock spammers, hackers

,----[ Quote ]
| The SEC action to freeze the assets is the third filed in as many
| months involving market manipulation schemes conducted through
| online account intrusions. In the past the SEC has also taken
| action against individuals who allegedly broke into financial
| news Web sites or news release services.
|
| [...]
|
| "When spam clogs our mailboxes, it's annoying. When it rips
| off investors, it's illegal and destructive," SEC Chairman
| Christopher Cox said in a statement.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-7348_3-6165804.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

London Stock Exchange blames outage on Infolect

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cio.co.uk/concern/security/news/index.cfm?articleid=2248&pagtype=allchantopdate