Re: Bill Gates thinks he's Einstein...

Matt wrote:

> I'm a little curious.  Which emotion would you say you developed
> earlier: Linux loving or America hating?

Neither. I don't love Linux, nor do I hate America. I love freedom and
hate American politics, since the two seem mutually exclusive.

As for Linux (the kernel), I'm indifferent from a technical perspective,
other than the fact that it ostensibly seems to work better than Windows.

More generally I like Free Software, since it aligns well with my
politics, but clearly does not align well with the politics of the
trolls in this group.

It's my guess that politics motivates the vitriolic frothing against
Linux that we see in COLA, more than anything else, hence my equally
vitriolic rebuttals.

I hope that clears things up for you.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 05:33:15 up 88 days,  3:09,  4 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.33, 0.68