Re: [Rival] Old: Microsoft AstroTurfing Even in Newspapers, at a Large Scale

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:53:19 -0500, DFS wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> The Best Enthusiasm Money Can Buy
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> We might think that spending several hundreds of millions of dollars
>>> every year on commercial speech would be just about enough to allow
>>> any company
>>> to "tell its story" to the public. But we would not be Microsoft,
>>> who the Los Angeles Times revealed was gearing up a multi-million
>>> dollar public relations campaign which included planting ersatz
>>> letters to the editor in major national newspapers. The goal: to
>>> create the appearance, if not the reality, of "grassroots" support
>>> for the company.
>>>
>>> "Spontaneous" testimonials penned by hired guns may not be an
>>> entirely novel idea in the surreal world of public relations, but
>>> Microsoft's response to having been caught in the act of committing
>>> such a crass act was certainly uncommon. At first, the company
>>> denied their intentions to actually implement such a plan. Then, a
>>> few days later, company spokespersons announced a new spin:
>>> Microsoft has a perfect right to engage in public opinion
>>> manipulation campaigns, if that's what it takes to "tell its story."
>>>
>>> Now, what exactly was that story, again?
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.vcnet.com/bms/departments/dirtytricks.shtml
>
> Why are you posting articles from 'Boycott MS' sites, but leave all your
> Windows and VB work experience on your resume?  Stallman would be so pissed.

Because Roy Schestowitz is a hypocrite.

All of this so called "advocacy" that Roy is pretending to do is nothing
more than self serving fodder to seed search engines and splatter his
websites all over the place.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: