Old: Microsoft's PR "Spooks"/"Spies"/"Owners"/"Buddies"

Microsoft Critics Assigned PR "Spooks"

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.vcnet.com/bms/departments/dirtytricks.shtml

| "It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
| against me when I write a story about Microsoft."
`----

http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/03/enough_about_me.html

Tim Bray: Life Is Complicated

,----[ Quote ]
| Those with long memories might suggest a parallel between Rick’s position and
| mine when in 1997, I was sitting on the XML Working Group and co-editing the
| spec, on a pro bono basis as an indie consultant. Netscape hired me to
| represent their interests, and when I announced this, controversy ensued.
| Which is a nice way of saying that Microsoft went berserk; tried
| unsuccessfully to get me fired as co-editor, and then launched a vicious,
| deeply personal extended attack in which they tried to destroy my career and
| took lethal action against a small struggling company because my wife worked
| there. It was a sideshow of a sideshow of the great campaign to bury Netscape
| and I’m sure the executives have forgotten; but I haven’t.
`----

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2007/01/24/Mixup

Q&A: Former Mass. CIO feels 'bittersweet pride' after battles with Microsoft,
legislature

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012760&source=rss_news50