[News] New Version of Parsix GNU/Linux Released; Receives Praises

  • Subject: [News] New Version of Parsix GNU/Linux Released; Receives Praises
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:53:35 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Parsix GNU/Linux 1.0r1 has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| An updated version of Parsix GNU/Linux 1.0 code name `Ramon` is available
| now. Parsix Ramon r1 contains updated packages, several fixes for the
| reported defects and introduces continent repository. Ramon r1 introduces
| continent apt repository along with the official supported Parsix repository.

Parsix Linux - The "Prince of Persia"

,----[ Quote ]
| And that pretty much brings me to the present. I'm writing this review in
| Parsix, using OpenOffice.org Writer, and I'm about as happy as I could be
| with my shiny new system. It's surprisingly quick, stable, packed with great
| software, and as stylish as anything I've seen. The fact that it's all
| sitting on a Debian base is hugely reassuring, and my initial concerns about
| using a system primarily designed for Persian users – with all the
| language-based implications that brings – have been completely erased. Parsix
| 1.0 comes very highly recommended.

Parsix: Persian distro makes GNOME look good

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall Parsix is a wonderful Debian derivative and alternative to Ubuntu.
| Like Ubuntu it is based on Debian and as such uses APT and Synaptic. It uses
| the GNOME desktop with similar panel placement. However, it comes with more
| software and better choices, with the exception of Iceweasel, which tends to
| be a bit more finicky than Firefox.

First Look at Parsix GNU/Linux 1.0r0, Ramon Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux distributions keep on updating, and upgrading and releasing new
| editions and basically getting better, faster, stronger and more usable,
| otherwise they will just be dead with no one to miss them or even be
| interested in them. That’s just the way it works, which is very good for the
| end user. Parsix Linux is no different.

Parsix GNU/Linux 1.0 Is Here

,----[ Quote ]
| A new version of Parsix Linux was just released, a few minutes ago! It comes
| with new features, bug fixes and many improvements over previews releases.
| Among the improvements, we can notice that the Rhythmbox audio player was
| replaced by the popular and sexy Exaile. Moreover, software such as IP Traf,
| Bug Buddy, AptOnCD, XawTV, xfardic-xdb-gcide, qemuctl, qemu-launcher, rpm,
| espeak and tsclient were added or re-added by popular demand.

Parsix Linux 1.0 Test 3 Has Been Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Highlights: GNOME 2.20.3, Linux kernel with CK, TuxOnIce, CFS v24,
| iwlwifi with led support and mactel patches, OpenOffice 2.2.1 and GNU
| Iceweasel

Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90r1 has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| Highlights: GNOME 2.18.3, Linux kernel with CK and Suspend2 patches,
| read/write mode is default for NTFS partitions, improved hardware detection
| system and hard disk installer and replaced Totem with VLC.

Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90r0 codename 'Barry' has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the most
| perfect version of Parsix GNU/Linux ever, 0.90r0 codename 'Barry'.
| This version brings the recent open source technologies bound into
| a quality live/installation CD-ROM right to your desktop/laptop PC.

Parsix 0.90 Test 3

,----[ Quote ]
| The third test release of Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90 is now available. New in
| this LiveCD is GNOME 2.18.2, Sun Java replaced by GCJ, added the Parsix
| Book to the LiveCD, several bug fixes, glibc 2.5, and many other
| improvements.

Parsix GNU/Linux 0.85.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| An updated version of Parsix GNU/Linux is available now. This version
| merges all published updates on the Parsix and Debian repositories
| since December 1, 2006 to Mar 1, 2007 into a rock solid collection
| and fixes all reported bugs.

Centers established to observe open source software copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| The Deputy ICT Minister in Infrastructure IT Affairs added, "The
| expansion of open source software production is seen mainly as
| the activity of the country's universities and we intend to
| subdivide its various fields of activities among countries with
| IT faculties."

Science and Art Foundation's wonderful work in Bam

,----[ Quote ]