[News] KDE Advocated in Indian Press; KDE 4 Impresses

Matthias Ettrich: The KDE-Man!

,----[ Quote ]
| Nobody in their right mind would choose Windows over GNU/Linux based on the
| desktop experience alone, says Matthias Ettrich.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/25412/news.htm

Kubuntu KDE4: Rock On!

,----[ Quote ]
| For one, using the modified Kubuntu version of KDE4 is really nice. The
| Kubuntu developers have added applications that make the KDE4 experience
| complete, without having places where functionality is skipped, such as
| package management. There is also improved functionality with the panel at
| the bottom of the screen. Applications can now be added to the panel, and the
| panel can be moved around, resized, and configured. Also, when clicking on
| the clock in the panel, a calendar shows up. Very handy!
|
| [...]
|
| There are so many features included that I am still discovering them. KDE 4 +
| Kubuntu is certainly a perfect match! I will certainly write more about this
| system as I learn more and get a better knowledge of it’s features.
`----

http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/kubuntu-kde4-rock-on/

The big release (4.1) is due by July or August, at which stage many distros
will have it working wonderfully well out of the box. Beautiful screenshots
(previews) are in the link at the bottom.

Related:

Switching from KDE to WinXP #2

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusion
|
| I have looked at several features that KDE?s Konqueror has but that
| WinXP's Explorer doesn't have. I have also mentioned a few of the
| things I don't like about Explorer and often why I think Konqueror's way of
| doing it is better. You may have noticed that there is nothing positive
| about Explorer. That is true and it is not for lack of trying. The fact is,
| for me, the way I work, there is just nothing special about Explorer. I
| didn't find any feature that struck me as being especially cool or useful
| that Konqueror didn?t also have.
|
| Switching from KDE to WindowsXP at work has seriously impaired my
| productivity.
`----

http://www.osugisakae.com/tech/2007/01/10/switching-from-kde-to-winxp-2/

KDE 4.1: Visual Changelog (rev 783000)