[News] The Newly-released GNOME (2.22) Already Available on a Linux Distro

  • Subject: [News] The Newly-released GNOME (2.22) Already Available on a Linux Distro
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:55:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Foresight Linux 2.0 Features GNOME 2.22

,----[ Qote ]
| Foresight Linux 2.0 has been released, bringing you the latest GNOME 2.22.
| Foresight Linux is an rPath-based distribution with a lot of apps that make
| your computing experience much easier.
|
| Foresight Linux 2.0 sports a brand-new tar-based installer, which will
| drastically reduce the install time. Although Foresight was well known for
| its GNOME edition, the developers will soon create two more releases, based
| on KDE and XFCE.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Foresight-Linux-2-0-Features-GNOME-2-22-80800.shtml

Foresight has a conference soon. It already has some key deals, such as the one
below.

Last week:

$199 Shuttle kPC ditches Ubuntu for Foresight Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| When Shuttle unveiled its low-cost kPC desktop at CES in January, word was
| that the machine would come pre-loaded with a copy of the popular Ubuntu
| Linux operating system.
`----

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/14278

Related:

Foresight KDE Alpha3

,----[ Quote ]
| Foresight KDE inherits all the goodness from the Foresight Linux project.
| This means the install is tar based and completes in less than 7 minutes. It
| also means Syslinux, Compiz Fusion, and more from the Release Notes.
`----

http://linux-blog.org/index.php?/archives/244-Foresight-KDE-Alpha3.htmlbxbx

This Week in Foresight

,----[ Quote ]
| Alpha 3 is out! Read the release notes, and remember this is an alpha -
| things will break, and it’s not quite ready for everyday use yet, but it’s
| close.
`----

http://www.silwenae.org/blog/?p=941

Distro Review: Foresight Linux 1.4.2