[News] [Rival] More Struggling Signs for Microsoft Consoles, Portable Players Businesses

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] More Struggling Signs for Microsoft Consoles, Portable Players Businesses
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:50:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MS said to have delayed Euro Zune debut to 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is keeping mum over the European release date of its Zune portable
| media player, despite reports that the software giant has pushed back the
| release to 2009.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/03/13/microsoft_zune_euro_delay/

The whole project is pretty much a failure, so it isn't expanded overseas. It
cost (lost) Microsoft a lot of money. Two division at most are responsible for
the vast majority profits at Microsoft while the rest appear to be struggling
and losing heaps of money (Mobile, Web, Entertainment etc.).

Here is another big blow for a project that has already lost close to $6
billion, IIRC.

Report: Microsoft says no Blu-ray for Xbox 360

,----[ Quote ]
| Not so, says a Microsoft executive. "Xbox is not currently in talks with Sony
| or the Blu-ray Association to integrate Blu-ray into the Xbox experience,"
| Aaron Greenberg, group product manager for Xbox 360, told Reuters on
| Wednesday.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9892334-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Microsoft give the illusion that it does well, but it hides the many failure
while losing a lot of money and pulling then money from its 'legacy' cash
pile.

Recent:

Raikes Steps Aside

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is shuffling its executive ranks, with today's surprise
| announcement that Jeff Raikes, president of the Business division, will leave
| the company. Uh-oh. He's not the only executive on the way out the door.
|
| Raikes departure will have huge impact on Microsoft as it completes its 2008
| fiscal year on June 30. His division is one of two responsible for nearly all
|                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Microsoft's profits.
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/raikes_steps_aside.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/34mq2a

Related:

Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

,----[ Quote ]
| Bryan Lee, corporate vice president at Microsoft's entertainment
| and devices division, also played a key role in shaping the Xbox
| game console business and the introduction of its Internet
| Protocol television software.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

Microsoft’s is losing its grasp on the technology markets

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-106703.aspx