Re: [News] MSBBC Lies, Breaks Another Promise, So Linux Users Break DRM Shackles

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 13 March 2008 17:17 : \____

>> Steve Jobs rescues freetards from BBC iPlayer wilderness (for now)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| iPhone streams start DRM-free download party
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| The BBC says an official Mac download client will be available this year,
>>| and a Linux one "within two years".
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/12/iplayer_linux_stream_download_hack/
>>
>> They said it would be ready in 2008, so they lied again. They also lied
>> about DRM being required, among many other lies. Microsoft must have passed
>> them the Big Lie handbook on copyrights and DRM -- the same book used to
>> fool politicians who blindly give a nod to DMCA, i.e. 'make FOSS illegal'.
>>

> Microsoft have *never* had any intention of providing a linux client.
> It doesn't matter how many £100s of millions of our cash Ashley shovels
> into the trouser pockets in Redmond, Microsoft will *not* produce a
> good, working, iPlayer client for Linux.  It would be commercial suicide
> for themselves - why would they do it?
>
> You'd have to be fairly dumb not to spot that, Ashley, eh?

he sort of insisted that only 600 people in the UK use that software which
Microsoft calls its number one competitor. He's part of the Big Lie Club.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> apt-get -not windows
 20:05:04 up 49 days,  5:59,  7 users,  load average: 2.73, 1.90, 1.54