[News] Another Fine Example of the Secret Life of Linux on the Desktop

  • Subject: [News] Another Fine Example of the Secret Life of Linux on the Desktop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:32:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Priests and Nuns are Into Linux and Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Fr. Stephen is a Filipino missionary of the Sacred Heart priest, who blogs &
| podcasts about his faith and ministry, about the use of new technologies for
| evangelization, as well as his advocacy for Linux and the Open Source. To
| know more about this geek priest, you can visit his personal blog
| entitled, “Happy Faith”.
|
| When I told Fr. Stephen that I’m quite surprised and glad to know that
| there’s a Catholic priest on earth that’s been using Linux and blogging about
| open source software at the same time, his answer was, “I’m sure you would be
| more surprised to know that I am not the only priest who is into Linux. There
| are many priests as well as nuns who are using and promoting the use of Free
| and Open Source software (FOSS). It is because the ideals of FOSS (i.e.,
| sharing, cooperation, etc) are so compatible with the social teachings of the
| Catholic Church.”
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/03/priests-and-nuns-are-into-linux-and.html

And schools switch to Linux without ever being 'counted'...

Installfest for Schools (March 1st)

,----[ Quote ]
| Why its cool:
|
|     * Helps spread F/OSS (Ubuntu, Firefox, OpenOffice & more)
|     * Helps bridges the Digital Divide with underprivileged users
|     * Keeps toxic computer equipment out of landfills
|     * Is a cool community effort
`----

http://www.untangle.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=351&Itemid=139

Related:

Performance Duel: Koolu 500 MHz vs. Pentium III 666 MHz

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ca.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-RkGSoVA1brWtXrVH9Gr5CzgVujwwGg--?cq=1&p=61