[News] Novell Loses Its CIO (Apparently), to Sue Microsoft for Abuses

  • Subject: [News] Novell Loses Its CIO (Apparently), to Sue Microsoft for Abuses
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:40:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Former Novell CIO Debra Anderson Joins UST Global

,----[ Quote ]
| Before joining UST Global, Anderson was CIO of Novell, an infrastructure
| software and services company. In this role she spearheaded Novell’s internal
| adoption of open source software from the desktop to the data center and
| managed the deployment of global strategic business information systems and
| IT services.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080311005036&newsLang=en

Novell's Still Suing Microsoft, And Says it Wants Discovery Now

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell's latest 10-Q quarterly report with the U.S. Securities and Exchange
| Commission provides a flashback to its 2004 lawsuit against Microsoft under
| The Clayton Act, alleging the software giant wrongfully "eliminated
| competition" from the office productivity space.
|
| [...]
|
| Notes Novell: "We intend to oppose the Petition (to go to the U.S. Supreme
| Court) and proceed with discovery before the trial court." Recent history has
| shown that Microsoft may have reasons for not being huge fans of the
| discovery process.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/206902956

Recent:

Executive moves: Martin Buckley quits Novell over "certain principles"

,----[ Quote ]
| Positive changes? Well, apparently not from Martin's perspective. You don't
| quit a company after eight and a half years over "certain principles" unless
| things are really bad. I never knew Martin during my time at Novell but he
| was/is well-respected. His departure doesn't inspire confidence.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9889557-16.html

Novell's PR director leaves to change the world

,----[ Quote ]
| Bruce Lowry, Novell's head of global public relations, will say 'Goodbye' to
| Novell this week to start with the Skoll Foundation as its communications
| director.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9882387-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Related: