Re: de Icaza defines open development ..

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 12 March 2008 09:46 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Doug Mentohl wrote:
>>
>>> "What open allows is someone in Mexico can meet up with someone in
>>> Boston and, by sharing a common interest, say, hey, we can build this
>>> thing together," de Icaza said.
>>>
>>> "Novell's Miguel de Icaza .. said Novell gets access to the
>>> regression test suite and codecs from Microsoft as well as to
>>> technical people inside Microsoft"
>>>
>>> 'De Icaza also stressed obstacles of a pure open-source business
>>> model'
>>>
>>> '"What you need to do is have a mixed strategy," and use open source
>>> as a tool,"'
>>>
>>> http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/03/06/ms-open_1.html
>>
>> Well the Vole has all their other little monkeys scuttling around
>> redefining the "open" paradigm ATM, so it's only natural that their
>> employee of the month should do it too. This must be their latest
>> "evangelism" drive.
>>

> Mr de Icaza perhaps never understood what the freedom part of foss was
> about.

Maybe he got distracted along the way (by the money and fame), but I very much
doubt it given how it all began. He went to Microsoft seeking a job
opportunity and started GNOME with lust for ActiveX in mind. You should see
the comments about him in LWN... they call his recent remarks just a publicity
stunt or something along these lines.

He contradicts himself. Above all, he is being very dishonest. A day after
protesting about this Mono trason with Microsoft he proudly blogged about Mono
running on the iPhones (yes, you heard that right. Watch out, Apple).

"I saw that internally inside Microsoft many times when I was told to
stay away from supporting Mono in public. They reserve the right to sue."

                                        -- Robert Scoble

http://twitter.com/Scobleizer/statuses/764673949

Heh. Just seen a typo in a previous post's subject line where I typed "spill
the bean [sic]". Let's just spill it into the bin and call it a day. Why does
Miguel keep pushing forward this rubbish, despite knowing what it does to
Ubuntu and Red Hat, among others?

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
Swap:  1510068k total,   599484k used,   910584k free,    51192k cached