Re: [News] The New GNOME 2.22 Impresses Reviewer

Linonut wrote:

> Vista could use this feature:
>
> GVFS - this new network-transparent virtual filesystem layer for GTK+
> is here to make your desktop sessions much pleasant. How? Why? Well,
> for example: do you remember that simple file transfer/copy/move
> window that appears (yes! the one with the progress bar and remaining
> time)... well, because of GVFS, it's now able to show you more than
> a progress bar! It can also remember the login credentials and be
> more resilient to failures!

Di Icaza's probably working on this feverishly for the Vole as we speak.

Q: How many years does it take Vista to copy a file over the network?

a) ... Too many
b) ... Far too many
c) ... If you're listening to music at the time, it doesn't copy at all
d) ... Have you tried rebooting?
e) ... Have you tried reinstalling the OS?
f) ... Wave a rubber chicken ... maybe that'll help
g) ... We are aware of the issue, but will never have a resolution
h) ... Have you tried purchasing another Vista license?
i) ... Have you tried upgrading to Vista Ultimate Elite Supreme Edition?
j) ... You have faulty hardware
k) ... You are a faulty user
l) ... Try disabling all services and closing all programs
m) ... You have a virus
n) ... Your copy of Vista is illegal
o) ... Our WGA server has crashed
p) ... Copying files is a prohibited operation
q) ... We own the patent on file copying, and you haven't paid royalties
r) ... Works fine here
s) ... You need to edit the Registry
t) ... You need to upgrade your graphics card driver
u) ... You need to upgrade your graphics card
v) ... Please uninstall all software that conflicts with file copying
w) ... Vista is not compatible with file copying
x) ... You are at queue position ... 274. "Born free, as free as the..."
y) ... Excusing me sir, but I am not being understanding your question
z) ... All of the above

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 03:49:33 up 82 days,  1:25,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00